Sunday, June 26

Getting to Know You: Stacey L.

So, to help our readers get to know the team, I'm implementing a "Getting to Know You" section. Every day or two I'll post someone else's profile and picture and their thoughts about the upcoming trip. I'm not sure that I'll get everyone's response, but hopefully by the end I'll have everyone's done!

Here you go! Enjoy!
Stacey with her husband and four children
Name: Stacey L.

Age: 42

Grade: Feels like preschool every day! lol!

Favorite Color: Burgundy/maroon

Are you ready to go? Almost. Just need to do some shopping for clothes :)

What are you most excited about? Seeing another culture and beginning to really appreciate all the blessings God has given me and then turn those back to others.

What are you least excited about? The flight and missing my family left at home.

What is God working through you with? Trust. Seeing that He can make anything possible!! The funding was a struggle and I couldn't see how it was going to happen. But, God can do everything!

What do you think Brazil will be like? Totally don't know. I want to stay open, so that I can take it all in!

How are you doing on learning Portuguese? Not too shabby! I borrowed a Rosetta Stone Brazilian Portuguese computer program. Unfortunately it isn't a tourist program, but I know a lot of numbers, colors, nouns, verbs, etc... We'll see if it sticks! Haha!

How can people pray for you specifically? Just that I can get enough rest prior to the trip so that I am ready to give all I have.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Hi my Auntie Stacey! I am so happy for you all to have been given the opportunity to travel places to help spread the word. You all are such a wonderful bunch of people to have as family and I am so thankful! Have a safe trip home. xox