Monday, July 11

Getting To Know You: Christina S.

Name: Christina S.
Age: 14
Grade: 10th grade-sophomore
Favorite Color: Rainbow :P
Are you ready to go? I am a little nervous because I have no idea what to expect, but I am definitely ready to go!
What are you most excited about? I am most excited about being immersed in a completely different culture where I can focus on showing God's love.
What are you least excited about? I am least excited about...nothing really! I mean, we're going to Brazil!
What is God working through you with? God continues to amaze me everyday and I know that I cannot imagine what He will do on this trip.
What do you think Brazil will be like? I have no idea what Brazil will be like, but I have heard that the people there are very friendly and warmhearted.
How are you doing on learning Portuguese? I think I know how to say maybe two things in Portuguese, so I will definitely be trying to memorize some more on the way there.
How can people pray for you specifically?  Please pray that I will be open to this new culture and what God has in store for me.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad to see you made it safe and sound! Prayin' for you kiddo! I know that they will see Jesus in you!

Love ya!
Kelly

stephanie scellato said...

Jenny says "I love you and miss you". Mom says " Give of yourself and don't hold back! Dad says " I'm proud of you"!

Amanda S said...

So proud of you, Christina! Have a blast and take lots of pictures :)

stephanie scellato said...

From Grandma & Grandpa Wilson : Love you and glad you are on this mission. We are praying for your safety and that you accomplish your aspirations. We will write again as soon as we figure out how to post on the blog.

stephanie scellato said...

I miss playing Just Dance 2 with you!I hope you are having a good time in Brazil.I miss you so so so so much! Love Jennifer

Choir went well made BOB the guitar cake :) Miss your singing and playing guitar love mom!