Sunday, July 17

Some thoughts and expressions from our students...

I've asked a few of our students (and a couple leaders) to share their thoughts with you so you can see how we're doing and what we're learning. 

Reigna Ann J-
First of all, of course I miss you and I want to tell you how much fun I'm having over here. It's amazing, the people are amazing. I had my opportunity to share my testimony this morning at church in front of about 2,000 people! (Editor's note: It was an incredible blessing to us on the team and those attending). It was life changing.I have enjoyed being with all of these people and enjoyed helping others. My favorite part has been being able to talk with others, both Brazilian and American. I've learned to be thankful because a lot of the people here have very little and we have a lot. I love you all and I will be home soon!

Nate G-
I miss you all back home but a part of me wants to stay for another two weeks. I'm having an amazing time connecting with the wonderful people at this church and the amazing people we've met throughout the city. After attending the church service here, I feel like God is showing me that I need to use my gifts and not be distracted and keep them to myself. I want to be able to use my talents and my gifts to bring glory to God just like these wonderful people from Brazil.

Sarah L-
Hey all! Thanks for all of your prayers and support. It is much appreciated!!! We are having a great time here in Rio! The sights and people here are amazing! Even the poorest people here are happy, and they make the best out of nothing. I think that us Americans should be the same way. We have a ton more, and we complain about what we don't have. I miss you all and thanks again for your support!!!!!!

Tanner R-
 I miss you all. Also, I'd like to say that there's a lot of people who don't have a lot and they're still happy to have what they do have and praise Jesus. I've learned that whenever you're feeling bad or that you don't have enough, just think about what other people don't have and what we take for granted. Also, Brazil is a country with more homeless people than people that have money, and even the poor people just do what they can and still have fun, even though they don't have a lot. When I get home, I want to apply this knowledge in my life by doing more, giving more and sharing more with other people, and helping more. Tell everyone I miss them and will see them soon!

Camy M.-
I really miss home, but I'm having a great time serving others here in Rio. I'm so happy to be doing God's work, and it's really cool to see other people praising and worshiping God in a different culture. God is really truly working, thank you all for your support for getting us here! You have no idea how many lives you have and will help and will continue to help here in Brasil and in the lives of everyone one the team. I'm so thankful for all of your support and prayers! I love you all. :)

Stacey L.-
Oi! Hello from Brasil! I want to thank you all for your support of our team. It will not be wasted! I have seen so much and have been so moved by the people here. God has been challenging me to take my faith to a new level, to not be shallow. I want to use my gifts for God's glory so that the people of Brasil will be moved by Him. I have been amazed at the passion I see for God. The people are eager to serve and praise; they are free, not worried about who is around them. What a challenge! I pray we will bring this passion back and invade Hope Point and Yuba City!!! Lots of love and hugs to everyone! Ciao!

Laura M.-
Hello everyone! I am so excited to be writing you from Brazil! I feel truly blessed to have this opportunity to serve these amazing people. It is a beautiful country with beautiful people. God is working in the lives of each and every one of the team members here. I feel very humbled by the things I have seen and experienced and I know God will continue to use this team to serve His purpose. Thank you all for your prayers and support. Also a very Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, Jeremy. I miss you and I will see you soon!

Frank L.-
 Hi. I'd like to share my thoughts on Rio. I'm glad I went on this adventure with the team. Rio was very interesting and different. There are very few stoplights, and they don't work the same way ours do; also the people drive like crazy, and even drive too close to other cars and park in super tight spaces. My heart broke on the fact that there are way too many kids that are orphans. On Sunday morning church, I was told that God's plan is part of why he gave you the gifts He gave you. From that I'm closer to what God's plan is. I can't wait to see you guys when we get home from the adventure. God bless you.

3 comments:

Steve Geiger said...

Hi Brazil team!!!!! We love all of the posts, the stories, the updates, and the pictures!! (Heidi, you are doing an amazing work with the blog!!) To Nate & Nicole--we love you very much!! God is an amazing God, and we're so blessed that you are able to be part of this team. It sounds like your hearts are being moved, and your vision of God and His plans are BIG!! I just said to Dad this morning that I bet you are not going to be ready to come home. :)
We do miss you & are anticipating your awesome stories!!!-Love, Mom, Dad, & Rachel

Greg and Gretchen said...

for camy and laura , we do miss you alot!! but are encouraged to hear that God is doing great things in Brasil.can't wait to see you guys and to hear more of Gods awesomeness.Praise God for his continued blanket of protection and his guidance to continue his work! Camy your still injury free? PRAISE GOD!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Love,
Greg and Gretchen

Dana said...

All of us back home are so proud of all of you. What an incredible experiece you are having! It sounds like God is using everyone to help glorify him and his kingdom. Keep up the great work you are doing as his ambassadors! We love & miss you T --see you soon!