Friday, July 1

Getting To Know You: Leigh Anna R.


Name: Leigh Anna Ray
Age: 41
Grade: Antique
Favorite Color: Black

Are you ready to go? I am a major list maker, so yes and no...the lists are done, but the shopping is not...smile

What are you most excited about? I am extremely excited to go somewhere where I do not speak the language. It will be interesting to be a witness for God and a living testimony for Him when I am typically really lousy at charades. Grin. I am anxious to be used by God primarily in actions instead of words.

What are you least excited about? I can honestly say that I am excited about all of it! 24 hour plane rides and all! I will miss my family, but they are all extremely excited for Sarah and me.

What is God working through you with? I tend to allow myself to become overly busy. I know God wishes I would slow down and seek Him more. I am going to take this opportunity to leave everything here, back in the US, and bring only God as my comforter, companion and guide. I hope to hear from Him more clearly without all the distractions.

What do you think Brazil will be like? I expect this to be an adventure that I will remember for my entire life. I hope to be changed by this trip and that God can use me to make a difference.

How are you doing on learning Portuguese? I am really lousy at Portugese and should really probably be working at improving my charades...

How can people pray for you specifically? Please pray that that I do not get in the way of what God has planned for me, and everyone else, on this trip. Please pray that the closeness that God is calling me into is obtained and that I allow my defenses down in order to hear Him and be used by Him. Safe travel would be great as well!

1 comment:

GenieAngel said...

I miss you my friend, but know you will be back here soon...can't wait to hear the stories. I am excited to see how God has used you, in ways you probably never thought. See you soon. Prayers are with you all.
Janet & Jacob